Processional and Recessional music for wedding ceremonies create atmosphere at your ceremony. These are the top ten chosen by couples as their music for wedding ceremonies I participated in as the celebrant for 2015.
The Processional music in a wedding ceremony is when the bridal party walk down the aisle. It will be the music you will remember for the rest of your life! Some couples chose one song for the bridal party to make their entrance, others chose a separate song to define the entrance of the bride.
1. Marry Me by Train
2. Teenage Dream by Boyce Avenue
3. First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes
4. Come To Me by Goo Goo dolls
5. Lucky Man by Verve
6. For You by Angus & Julia Stone
7. How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
8. You & Me by Lifehouse
9. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
10. My Heart is like a river by Rebecca Lavelle
The most played song for processional music for wedding ceremonies was by far “Marry Me” by Train with “You & Me” by Lifehouse (released 2005) and “How Long Will I love You” by Ellie Goulding (released 2013) were all chosen on several occasions.
The most popular Classical selection?
Without doubt, the most popular classical Processional music for wedding ceremonies was Pachebel’s Cannon in D!!
The Recessional music in a wedding ceremony is played as you are walking back down the aisle. It is more upbeat music as you are now married, the ceremony has ended … it is time for congratulations and celebration!! Limiting this to only ten music choices was difficult …
1. On Top Of The World by Night Visions
2. I’m Yours/Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Straight No Chaser
3. Bruises by Chairlift
4. Feel So Close by Calvin Harris
5. You’re My Best Friend by Queen
6. Beautiful Day by U2
7. Ho Hey by Guitar Dreamers
8. It’s a Beautiful Day by Michael Buble
9. Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
10. Feel The Love by Rudimental